January 14, 2012

Fighting The Sickness

Henry and Grace are sick. Really sick. Henry hasn't been able to talk the past few days because of his sore throat, and Grace can't even go a few minutes without coughing up a lung.

I am not sick (yet). This whole week I've been trying to stay healthy. I've been taking any kind of Vitamin C I can get my hands on, I've been exercising, sleeping as much as I can, I've even been taking daily doses of my mom's homemade 'Tonic' (us kids secretly call it 'Toxic') .

All this so I won't be sick today (Friday) so I can go to Teen Retreat, and hopefully not make other people sick.



There's another kind of sickness.


I'm sinful. Really sinful. I'm unable to stay healthy and I can't even go a few minutes without sinning (make that a few seconds). No one can.

If I could try to stay away from sin as much as I've been trying to stay away from germs this past week, my faith would be so much stronger. Every aspect of my life would change for the better.

But it's impossible to avoid sin completely.

I'm always in the presence of sin.

Just like how lately I've always been in the presence of sickness. Even as I'm typing this, Henry is blowing his nose right behind me, and Grace is having a cough attack in the other room.









-Update on V.E.T., the first real one should be up this Tuesday, my video editor is working, and I've decided to just use my old camera, even though the quality isn't that great.-

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I never called it toxic ever before! And I'm not even sick. -Henry