January 13, 2012

Blankets And Other Things

I know this isn't really a crafty type blog, but I came up with this simple pattern and I absolutely LOVE how it turned out!

Supplies:

Several (I'm not exactly sure how much, I had a large stash of yarn and I just used up random balls I found, if you want stripes, one skein per stripe is plenty) skeins of medium-heavy weight yarn. (I LOVE Lion Brands Homespun collection, which is what I used to make these blankets)

Size 10-11 Knitting Needles


1. Cast on 5 sts

2. K2, yo, knit to the end of row

Repeat step 2 until your blanket is HALF the size you would like it to be.

3. K2, yo, K2tog, K2tog

Repeat step 3 until you have 5 sts remaining.

4. Bind off

These knit up really fast, and are really warm. :)





Other things you can make using this method of making squares are patchwork blankets.



Potholders (Which can double as washcloths)(Note: DON'T use 100% Acrylic yarn for this, it will melt [Also, for this project, use two strands of medium weight yarn at once on size 8 needles for durability])





You can also sew patches together to make scarves, bags, etc. etc. Get creative! It's really easy, and so much fun. :)



Note: I found this in 'drafts' from about a year ago, hence the lack of pictures. I still have a post scheduled for tomorrow. :)

1 comment:

Bethany d said...

I love this pattern!! I've used it for wash cloths, and it's super fast and easy... ;)